Saturday, December 6, 2014

Enchilada Bake

For whatever reason, last night I was craving something melted cheesy-gooey and hot.  I started browsing my go-to for recipes, Pinterest, and found this:

NOM NOM NOM.

Unfortunately, I also had to make an enchilada sauce from scratch.  I got confused reading the recipe and basically ended up making something that was a mash-up of two recipes. But it worked really well!!! So, I give you my version... Here goes:


SCD Enchilada Sauce:

  • 1 Large can of crushed tomatoes
  • 4 TBSP of Cumin
  • A good squeeze of Honey
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 Aneheim peppers, deseeded/deveined and sliced
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • Olive Oil


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine onion, peppers and garlic in a roasting pan and coat with olive oil.  Bake in oven for 45 minutes.

Combine crushed tomatoes, cumin, honey, salt and pepper in saucepan and cook on low to meld flavors.

Once onion and pepper mixture is complete, combine with tomato sauce in a food pro and whiz for a minute until combined.

Use this awesomesauce with the enchilada bake recipe for easy, cheesy dinner. I ended up buying a set of 5 mini aluminum tins and made a perfect amount for 5 different meals. Looking forward to eating this again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment